Articles for Parents
- Social media apps: setting safety and privacy settings
Here's how to set parental controls on apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
Teenagers love WhatsApp – as do a lot of parents. Here's what parents need to know about it
- Cannabis, skunk and the teenage brain
Advice for parents on cannabis, skunk and its reported links to mental health issues in young people…
- When you think your child may be gay
Advice and support for parents who think their child is lesbian, gay, bi or trans
- Setting filters on YouTube
YouTube's SafetyMode allows parents to restrict the content their children see. Here's our quick gui…
- When your child comes out as transgender: a Q&A with Sue Chitayi
Sue Chitayi, mother of a transgender son and parent volunteer at Gendered Intelligence, answers some…
- Meeting others: the particular challenges for LGBTQ+ children
Helping LGBTQ+ children and young people meet others safely: a parent’s guide
- What to do if your child is self-harming
Self-harm: expert advice on how to help you and your child through this difficult and emotional time…
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
The so-called Momo challenge understandably caused many parents concern, even though it turned out t…
- Think critically!
Critical thinking: a parent’s guide to fake news and helping your child question what they see or he…
- Instagram FAQs for parents
Instagram is now bigger than Twitter. What's the big attraction? And is there anything parents and c…
- Staying safe on Minecraft
Tips for parents on helping your child make the most of Minecraft
- The GCSE grading system explained
A parent's guide to GCSE grades.
- Preparing your child for secondary school
It's the end of the summer term, with mixed emotions for some children who are moving on. But there…
- What is - and isn't - legal online?
The digital world is so new that half the time we don't know what the rules are. In fact, there are…
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
Here are some things you can do to teach your child to be kind and respectful online and to expect t…
- Having a positive digital footprint
Top tips on how to help your child make their online presence work for them and create a positive di…
- What is Minecraft?
Minecraft: what parents need to know
- Immunisation: the facts
Professor Helen Bedford from University College London gives advice for parents on vaccinations and…
- When to talk to your child about puberty (or will school take care of it)?
Sex and relationships education (SRE): a parent's guide for primary school age children